Thursday, May 6, 2010

Its me, im back from the Den.

Hello my people i havent seen because im addicted to WoW again! I have been playing on the DS for quite a time now, and have chosen a game worthy of telling. It is known as Meteos! This fun puzzle game came out years ago, but no one has ever heard of it. Why? Because this is a rare game, that comes out every so often. This game along with Glory Days 2 are rare because only about 100,000 copys were made. I have been looking for this game for some time now, and im excited to share what i know.






Meteos is a Puzzle game, where you try to match blocks, to shoot them into space, and you can do this by putting 3 blocks of the same color together both Horizontally, or Verdically. As you play, blocks are falling from the sky, and the more tyou have on the shooting platform, the harder it is to lift off, so you have to combine them together! I wish i could be more discriptive, but it is hard to explain it. The game features planets, that are under attack by the evil Meteo, who is sucking the life out of the planets by crushing them, you have to save the universe from this after your planet discovers how to get rid of them. There are different modes, like War, Star Trip, Time Attack, and Deluge (Or free play). I see this game as the modern Tetris, with its puzzler like aditude. The game Also lets you pick a planet to play as, and each planet has different ways to play.



On one, the blocks shoot right up to space if they were horizontal, but vertical dident move, another was Fast paced but you could get a easyer pair. This game would have been big if more copys were made, but sadly, only a few were. I think this game gets 5 Happy Dan Stars out of 5!

7 comments:

  1. It's rare? Both Mike and I have it, and although I know I got it around when it came out, I think he didn't get it for quite a while.

    There's also a version that's "Disney Metoes", but it's played with the DS open like a book, and you can move the blocks sideways... So I doubt it plays too much like the original. I haven't ever gotten a chance to try it, though, so I can't confirm that.

    Anyway, it's an awesome game. The lead designer also worked on the Kirby series (as Kirby's creator) as well as the Super Smash Bros. series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... checking Wikipedia reveals that there's an XBLA version as well. Huh. I didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were enough made to support a fanbase, but production stopped before more than 100000 were made, but most were shipped to the east coast. But the rarest game was Tetris for DS, it came out with the release of the original DS, the EB near me hasent had one for 2 years. That is a really rare game. (And i am looking for it.)

    Oh and the D verson was a piece o shit and a discrase of a knockoff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the tetris game for DS (If at the gamestop) would be $50 used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I also have that, actually. XD

    I guess I'd be willing to sell it; I don't play it that much and I'm pretty bad at it to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ask dan for my #!!!!!!!!
    Kielsouders@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'll send you an e-mail sometime tomorrow. Or you can just send me one at:

    jesse.marciano@mail.com

    ReplyDelete

Images